Wondering what yoga poses I like to incorporate in my daily life? Here are five (well, technically six since the first one contains two poses) that I love doing because it includes a backbend, forward fold, twist, hip opener, as well as an inversion.
These poses target major joints of the body, helping me develop strength, space, and awareness in the body. Hold for as many breaths as you’d like.
Keep it easy and simple, moving and finding what feels organic and needed.
Below are the timestamps as well as the poses that are included in my current list. Feel free to pull apart this list and switch up the order. Or incorporate other poses and variations.
- 0:20 – Cow & Cat (Bitilasana Marjaryasana)
- 2:19 – Downward Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Savanasana)
- 3:55 – Sphynx (Salamba Bhujangasana)
- 6:10 – Yogic Squat (Malasana)
- 7:46 – Supine Twist (Supta Matsyendrasana)
I recommend that you create your own list of daily go to poses that connects with you. You can very easily change this list, taking and replacing poses as needed, here’s how.
- notice any parts of the body that need more attention than the other
- select poses that will benefit you without having to do too much of a warmup
- include poses that are less flow-y and dynamic
- make note of when you are going to doing these poses, in the morning, afternoon, or at night
- no pressure if you don’t do these poses everyday, it is just a go to list that is there for you when you are looking for that little break in your day
As I always like to say: keep going and keep striving.